As an accounting practice owner, you know the importance of staying connected with your team. Even when your team is working remotely, it’s important to find ways to keep them connected and productive. Here are a few tips to help you do just that.
1) Make sure everyone has access to the right tools. When your team is remote, it’s important that they have access to the right tools and resources. This includes things like a shared calendar, chat software, and file-sharing tools.
2) Establish clear communication guidelines. One of the biggest challenges of managing a remote team is making sure everyone is on the same page communication-wise. Establishing clear communication guidelines can help ensure that everyone is aware of what’s expected of them. This can include setting office hours or establishing a set time to check in with the team each day.
3) Encourage a collaborative work environment. Everyone on your team should feel encouraged to participate in discussions and share their ideas, even if you’re managing a large group of people remotely. Finding ways for everyone to contribute, regardless of where they’re located, will help ensure that your team’s ideas are being heard.
4) Get to know the people on your team. When you have a remote team, it can be easy to forget how much you still have in common with them despite the distance. By getting to know your employees personally, you’ll be able to build stronger professional relationships and establish yourself as a more approachable leader.
5) Give employees opportunities for advancement. When your team is remote, it can be easy to assume that your employees want to stay put in their current position forever. While this may work with some types of employees, other workers may come to you looking for other opportunities that don’t exist in their current role. By offering opportunities for your employees to learn new skills or take on new responsibilities, you can show that you’re invested in the growth of every employee under you regardless of where they work from.
6) Provide recognition and praise for a job well done. Finally, perhaps the most important thing of all is showing your employees how much you appreciate their hard work. By recognizing your team for a job well done, you’ll be showing them that they’re valued members of the company, even if they’re working remotely.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are 4 ways we can help you grow your Accounting practice:
1. Download a free copy of our book – The Accountants 20 Hour Workweek
In this free book, we highlight the No.1 strategy that’s had the biggest impact on building our own practice to run without the owners – Click here
2. Join our free Wize Accountants Mastermind group
It’s our new free online community to share daily insights, tips and free tools to grow your practice — Click Here
3. Save $’000s in your practice every month with this new program
We’ve just released a new practice acceleration program which will help you save money and time every month whilst taking your practice to a new level of growth. See if you qualify – Click here
4. Build your firm to run without you
We have the step-by-step plan to grow a seven figure profit practice that can run without the owner. Would you like it? – Click here